Friday 28 November 2014

‘Delhi-Meri Jaan’

Shopping- it’s a rejuvenation dose to me. I can vouch on it that it’s not only me indeed every girl is crazy for shopping. This is a pacifier against daily-woes. Be it an upset day at work, stress or any other problem, shopping in Delhi is a tide-changer and mood-swinger for all.

I am certainly not against the men folk, who are equally crazy over shopping, but then yes, there’s something to it that makes us tagged as shopaholics. I absolutely don’t mind being one. Why not? Yes, we shop and this is an apt term for the same. There have been ample times, when with no specific reason while driving back to home from work, I end up parking my car bang opposite to the market, better known as Central market.


I am from Mumbai, but from the last five years have been working with an auto-mobile based company in New Delhi. To be honest, when I migrated to the city, I was a bit pessimistic and though apart from my hometown, I just cannot adept with surrounding of other places.  I love my Mumbai, so as everyone does and I’m a bit biased.

But over the years, I have made so many friends that I have had never thought of. All I was aiming at prior to travel, will go and if in any case, I like the place, will extend the stay. I had a clear funda that I just won’t be friends with anyone and everyone. But Delhi is so damn cool that no matter which region you are from, what age bracket you are in or what aims and targets you have had in your mind, Delhi whole heartedly embrace you, fulfilling all your aspirations.

Now when I recall, I realize how wrong I was, people here are so damn cool, you feel like taking to them. No two people are same and have traits of their own. Be it a café in Delhi or ever-crowded markets, there’s a celebration all over and which makes me say ‘Deli-meri-jaan’.

To all those friends who have been planning to shift to this magical land, do not think twice. There’s an array of things lined up awaiting...

No comments:

Post a Comment