Wednesday 17 June 2015

A Child’s Birthday Celebration

Birthdays are one of the most special occasions for a child. Children have utmost craze for birthdays and though subdued, it persists in their older years as well. This day brings on a sheer delight that is displayed on their faces. Birthdays have this magical charm that has affected children of all ages and parents also try to make it memorable for them. I got the opportunity to relive my childhood memories as I got the chance to observe an eight year old child’s birthday party in Saket, at one of the best malls there

PVR at Saket

Further, children were rushing in and out of the kids play zone in New Delhi mall, as if the place was their playground. I was waiting for a friend and was more than happy to spend my time observing the zeal and celebration around. The birthday girl needed no introduction as she was happily clad in the prettiest dress around along with a little tiara. But it wasn’t these accessories that distinguished her from the rest; rather it was the sheer delight that painted ‘The Birthday Girl’ all over her face. She was the celebrity around, for that day; and the place’s ambience contributed to her princess like stature. The elegant interiors that are usually aptly ornamented with seasons decorative were decorated with red all over it as it was February. This gave me the impression as if the entire place is decorated especially for her; and I suppose she believed the same.
The party was being hosted in the kids play zone in New Delhi mall, which are well equipped with games and play stations to occupy a child’s attention. The children were all so delighted and the little hostess was happily entertaining everyone, while her mother was arranging the pile of gifts. I was reminded of myself as I saw the girl was stealing a peek at those every once in a while, she was probably wondering about their contents. I actually enjoyed that wait while watching that birthday party in Saket. The happy clamor around took me to a different world altogether. It recalled the sweet memories from my childhood; and while observing those children I realized that as adults we have complicated our lives so much that in the act of being mature we do not allow ourselves the simple pleasures of life.      

No comments:

Post a Comment