Wednesday 8 April 2015

The Father-Daughter Movie Buffs

While downloading the latest movies has become the trend with my generation, I still like to catch a new movie the old-fashioned way. And so I impatiently await each Friday when some new movie or the other hits the cinemas.

Battling the urge to go on ‘torrent’ and download the latest movies, or simply streaming it online –as easy as it all really is- I don’t quite enjoy a movie on my laptop’s tiny screen. No, I want the big, shiny silver screen experience. I’d go to Select Citywalk and watch check out a movie at PVR than on my laptop anyday! In my world, that’s how a movie ought to be watched.



Perhaps this love for movies and movie theatres alike has stemmed from my father. Ever since I can remember, movies have always been a ‘father-daughter’ thing for me. From Antz to Titanic, Babe in the Big City, Lion King… the days of my childhood are filled with memories of my father and I catching the first show of every good movie that hit the cinemas.

If you had to go to pvr and you planned to go to cafe in delhi all you had to do was ask us, we knew it all! Back then, and even now, kids my age would want to go with their friends for movies… But not me! Being the daddy’s girl that I was, I couldn’t even begin to fathom watching a good movie in the theatre without my father! So I’d end up watching all the Harry Potter movies twice –first with my father, and then my friends.

Even now, when my friends want to go to Select Citywalk to catch a movie, I always check first with my father. If he hasn’t watched it, then sorry guys, in a few days! I may not be a little girl anymore, but I have a gut feeling this ritual is going to go on for evermore –maybe even my kids will love to go to the movies with their grandfather!


No comments:

Post a Comment