Thursday 23 July 2015

The Best Anniversary Gift For My Brother!

It was my elder brother’s 10th marriage anniversary. We’ve always surprised each other on occasions like birthdays, and anniversaries. Since this is their 10th I decided to go a bit out of ordinary. I am settled in Delhi for about five years now. My brother too, once lived here while he was pursuing his graduation and this is where he met his wife. I have heard him recollect so many events about their love story which blossomed in this city. Sadly, he barely comes to Delhi now as he is settled with his wife and kid in our home town, Bangalore.



I invited my brother and sister-in law to Delhi and after a lot of coaxing and convincing; they took out time out their busy schedule and they agreed to pay a visit. Their arrival was on the night before their anniversary. My husband and I went to receive them at the airport and after the initial greetings; we led them to a car which was not ours. We kept their son with us though, who happily came with his beloved aunt! I booked for a suite in a luxury hotel for them and arranged for a dinner in one of the best restaurants in Delhi the following night.

The hotel I booked for them was in close proximity to the area where their college is. No wonder they were elated to walk down the memory lane after so many years. I sent them to a movie in one of the cinemas in Saket where they used to go while they were dating. They were short of words out of joy and I was glad when they said this was their best anniversary gift ever! The last day of their stay we all had a grand dinner together and their happiness was evident.

Sure, all these arrangements were a bit heavy on pocket, but I realized that cherished memories are the best part of someone’s life and one should never lose an opportunity to celebrate it, re-visit it.

No comments:

Post a Comment