Monday 12 October 2015

Saket: My One-Stop Destination

That’s right! Saket has always been my one-stop destination. And one of the dominant reasons for this being so is that I have always lived in South Delhi, studied in a school in Saket, and even went to a college in Sheikh Sarai, which is near Saket. Most of my friends too reside in or near Saket. So whether my friends and I felt like hanging out after school/college on weekdays, or had a sudden urge to shop on the weekends, Saket was always the most convenient location for most of us.



Owing to some of the excellent shopping malls, Saket clearly is one of the most popular places to shop in Delhi, not just for me, but for other Delhiites as well. In fact, the malls are not only popular amongst Delhiites; when people from other cities visit Delhi, many make it a point to visit the malls in Saket. Sounds unbelievable? When my aunt from Jaipur visits Delhi with her children, she always visits the Saket malls as she simply loves the selection of brands the malls house.

Apart from the top brands, my favourite mall in Saket recently remodelled its food court that not only brings together some amazing outlets together, but is also super cool. The whole setting is aesthetically designed and structured and I absolutely love dining there. Many events like exhibitions, book launches, etc. are also launched in the outdoor area, making the place all the more exciting. In addition to this, there are some superb clubs in Saket Mall, making it ideal for once-in-a-while parties that I like to attend.

And there is a reason why Saket is my one-stop destination. Apart from fulfilling my shopping and dining needs, it fulfils my entertainment needs as well. From great bookstores to cinemas with multiple screens- it has it all. There is really nothing that I need and am unable to find in Saket. With so many memories, this place will always stay close to my heart, no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment